It(celibacy) is a word that implies sexual purity(u decide to say bye to the sweetest thing on the face of earth- muslim sucide bombers are promised 50 virgins on arrival to heaven)...it is lower on the scale to virginity(never done it)..How priests(honest ones) do it still beats me. I am for the the catholic priests to remain celibate. It doesnt matter whether they miss sex ,they are human ....but that is a sacrifice they promised the almighty. You dont just wake up and decide to cheat God.They promised to stay celibate,to no one less than God. thats why am scandalised by these priests who want to be catholic priests and throw celibacy through the window.
I do have a celibate male friend,he is not a priest,nor does he have any intentions of becoming one...he just wants to give a present to give his wife!!he is still single,meaning he is searching,he meets many gals,of whom many think he must be queer,some think he only thinks of the church and the bible,i think he is free to do whatever he deems right in his life. I keep praying that he doesnt wait till marriage and then gets a woman whose body was a plaything of many men,that God will protect him from HIV in marriage....na kadhalika in the same line. I admire his sacrifice,but i also know he has managed because he has never tasted....mmmh!he would otherwise have loads of trouble trying the secondary,tertiary and other ...rys virginity fallacies.
Letting him be, the priests want to eat their cake and have it. It is no secret that catholic priesthood and nunhood calls for total abstinence as a way of keeping their bodies pure and avoid the distraction from serving God that is sex. I know that the church has provisions that you can leave priesthood and marry if you unable to cope...As my friend keeps quoting a movie he saw, women are just 72% water,just like men and maybe not worth sacrificing your relationship with God for. These priests should therefore not form splinter churches,they should just resign or join anglican church where they can marry. I think if you promise God ,you should deliver if not sure,just make no promises and our loving father will understand....or they can come for lessons from my friend, although i understand he has every intention be a husband one of these fine days.
Enuff said.
I am with you voicedthots on these catholic priests gone bad. I am protestant by denomination, but still I wonder what is wrong with those people.
ReplyDeleteI mean seriously how easy is it to just quit? No one stops them from serving God elsewhere! Anglican pastors are allowed to marry and so are other protestant pastors, why don't they just move?
The point of being a catholic father as opposed to other denominations is emphasised by the vow of celibacy. But these 'unfaithful' people just had to go and spoil it!
Am with you.they just cant lie that they are catholic priests anymore.
ReplyDelete