Of late there has been a lot of dirty linen washing on public radio in Kenya. Women have time and again stated that kenyan men of today are a weak lot. They say the men are not assertive anymore,that they are not taking responsibilities seriously...that they have ceased from being bread winners and mutated into dependants. One woman told of a story where the power went out,due to a minor short circuiting in the house and the man told the daughter to call her mother( his wife). I am alarmed also by the news that our men have become whipping boys for their women. I am of the opinion that we have, as a society lost any moral,social and cultural fabric. The women pine for men who are like their fathers...they were macho!!!!Men of today are encouraged to let their feminine side show....exhorted to be more metrosexual...to worry if a stray hair appears....By the name that i was given by my mother, the Generation of men( eligible bachelors),we have today,especially in our towns,are women with dicks, pardon the language. They pierce ears,apply make up,wear tight jeans to accentuate their hips, they even walk like women. I submit that ours is a society at cultural crossroads ,one that doesnt have a culture .in in the process of being born. We have been influenced by the west, who by the way view as with absolute scorn....we copy what they do..we even want to be bisexual...i mean it is hip!!!so while our women are empowered,our men are disempowered. women talk of equality, equality that they define as being done favours..they want fifty percent of parliament seats....on a platter,they want to have casual sex,drink more, smoke and woo men. Jehovah!!!i am all for equal opprtunity in education,ownership of property etc..but we have to have clearly defined gender roles. All those learned and enlightened women who announce to all and sundry that they cant cook, just like men are a lost crowd..by the way men can cook!!it is just that it is nice to have a woman who can cook,one who will make you want to go home for a nice meal...After all it is cheaper and less emotionally draining to hire a cook or eat out than to marry..Sex is available to all...either for cash or a few beers or entirely freee. Men dont marry just to have the above.they want a friend a companion,a mother a cook,etc. Women have by all intents made men look bad...they want a man to go with them to the salon,wash the vyombos and all...give men a break. men know that women are intelligent,able and equal....but to have a peaceful coexistence one must submit...unfortunately it is our men who are submitting..contrary to the biblical teachings...
Just some advise to the women who are still searching...search for a man not another woman with the anatomy of a man.
Men have been subjected to subtle discrimination in employment...most adverts have a rider saying," the organisation is an equal...... employer. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply". And male ones?can one infer that they are discouraged from applying?...
Empowerment my foot!!Lets level the playing ground and everyone, male or female have an equal chance to excel in all areas.....via merit and not sex considerations. Men please wake up and smell the perfume of ladies whizzing by you while you are trying to be like them....and dont be such wimps!!. AAAhhhhrrrg!!!
Eish Voicedthots! Unatusomea. Anyway I agree with you.
ReplyDeleteI am not a supporter of affirmative action coz I believe in getting things on merit! These women who want free things are just lazy, if you wan't something go get it, I am a firm believer of the adage, "what a man can do, a woman can do better".
My bane is that I am not one for submitting, and neither do I expect a man to submit to me, I just like people who don't take each other for granted based on some legendary defined roles of males and females. I want equality and I am not begging for it!
By the way I cook well, I can do all those things men want females to do, I just refuse to do them for a man!
And Voicedthots, it is also nice to come home after many tiring days and find a man has already cooked for you(we would then see how much men liked it if they had to cook every single day and wash dishes, and some man's clothes simply because they were created with a vagina!)
mama:OOOOh!you refuse to do them for a man?who would you do them for?by the way you are better off...you can cook!!thats a big plus...dont beg for equality it is your right...but in the house it a different ballgame...it aint about equality its about complementing each other...the best way you find.
ReplyDelete